Whether you're thinking about jumping into the virtual dating game for the first time, or you're experienced and just looking to up your game, it's always good to revisit the basics. Here are some simple ways to make your digital romance sizzle from our matchmaker Claudia:
- Treat it like any other date. Put in the effort: shower, apply makeup, shave, and wear something nice.
- Set up your background: It sets the mood, and isn’t that what a date is all about? You might not notice a simple thing like unopened mail or a dirty coffee cup, but your date will. Make sure wherever you are sitting is clean and tidy.
- Come up with a creative second virtual date so that you are prepared if you hit it off. You can both watch the same Netflix movie at the same time. You could both try a new recipe and then share the finished product.
- Show off what you love about your life: introduce your pet , or show them the garden that you've worked so hard on. Being passionate is always attractive.
- Be engaged: even if you're just listening, some nodding and smiling goes a long way. You don't want to have the screen look like it's frozen because you're barely moving.
- Be prepared to exchange phone numbers or accept that second date. If you're not interested, have a tactful way to decline.
Armed with these tips and tricks, you’re on your way to having the best possible virtual dating life, and a lot to look forward to on the other side of social distancing.
Cuffing season is in full swing and first dates are warming hearts like chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
The sun is setting earlier and the nights are getting cooler; yes, winter is right around the corner.
It’s that time of year when Hallmark starts their Countdown to Christmas, holiday shopping is in full swing and events are happening all around you